Register to Vote!
To register in New Jersey you must be:
- A United States citizen
- I am at least 17 years old, and understand that I may not vote until reaching the age of 18.
- A resident of the county for 30 days before the election
- You are NOT currently serving a sentence, probation or parole because of a felony conviction
The registrant must complete a Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form. Mail or deliver the Voter Registration Application and/or Party Affiliation Form to the County Commissioner of Registration or Superintendent of Elections for your county.
You must re-register if:
- You move from one county to another
- You have a name change due to marriage, divorce or Judgement of Court
- Any change in address
The registration deadline to vote in the next election is 21 days prior to the election day!